8.09.2009

a walk into town..

it was the best i could do today..
the plan however was a good 10 mins on the treadmill and a walk into town. alas the treadmill awaits.

I thought my friend Ben riding his bike the approx 15 miles from greenport to mattituck and back to visit with me...or yvonne running 9 miles in the morning before coming to visit me...would persuade my sad, slow moving arse the two feet to the treadmill that awaits. but no.

however...my sister alison and I walked to town stopped at the cheese shop to pick up the fixin' for an incredible mac n' cheese and then fresh chocolate nibbs from the sweet shoppe for homemade chocolate pudding. It was good to walk into town, see the friendly faces I know and love and remind myself why I appreciate living here.

Ali cooked, I pretended to help. Yvonne kept us all company telling stories of her last trip to canyon ranch in miami ..or south beach ..or is it north beach.
My sisters, mom and I have been planning a trip post chemo. Maybe that's the spot? Knowing the three of us.. it will be a long time before we agree on a spot. I can't wait 'til it comes. I don't care where we go.

i ate some mac n' cheese.
i'm in bed.
it's still light out.
i'm tired.
my teeth hurt.
my jaw hurts.
my bones hurt.
i'm 80.
i can't believe there's a salt,baking soda, water rinse solution in the green pitcher i love to serve margaritas in. i want a margarita and sit on the deck and not be burdened with feeling like a slug.

tomorrow morning. that treadmill's my bitch. at least for 10 minutes.

6 comments:

marika said...

hey. your blog is awesome... in all it's scariness... i'm sorry i can't bike from brooklyn, but i would if i could. as would rob. we could always drive again, though! we think about you and send you love. lots of it. i'll be reading this thing every day now.
xom

Kim said...

You're certainly more ambitious than I am. I lay down on my floor to do sit-ups and fell asleep!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I'm thinking of you every day and sending heaps of love . Th blog is so deeply from the heart. Keep it up. It's a good thing for you and those who love you. Esther

Anonymous said...

Jeni, you are in my heart 24/7 and reading this amazing blog means there are about 1000 fewer questions to ask you each hour... merci/gracias xoxo mom

noone said...

hey Red, there was an article in the NY Times that your kind is more sensitive to pain. WTF? beauty has it's price always. ;-) I am giving a huge shout out for Rancho La Puerta for your mom and sisters post-chemo trip. I went with my mom a couple years ago. I know it is far for you East coasters (in Mexico, just south of San Diego), HOWEVER, I can think of no better place that is about health and vitality and spirit and fun and they have a cooking school and they grow all their own food. you will love it.

smooches xoxoxo, Justine

(yes, I have an old blog w/pseudonym of Madeline Aspen, but it is just me!)

Anonymous said...

jen,
im so sorry to hear. i know we dont know each other very well. thanks for blogging. i have a very dear friend who was diagnosed with brain cancer last year and has been going through all this stuff. reading your stuff makes me feel like i can inderstand her better. sura xx

.