8.08.2009

second day in..

my pills are organized. i have a system. i have a laminated chart of when, where, why, how to take them.
I'm on the 5 day plan of prednisone. It tastes as I've so eloquently described as shit, cow shit, horse shit, dog shit then pee'd on by a homeless person who then sits and rolls around in all the shit. Then I get to swallow it. The taste lingers.
This morning I got up made my breakfast. Small bowl of cereal and a mini bagel with butter, and a glass of prune juice. When did I become an 80 year old ....oh wait it was thursday. I became 80, temporarily I hope but feeling 80 none the less. Freakin' prune juice. Man!

I bring my tray to my room. exhausted. I rest. I eat my cereal. I take my pills. I eat a bagel. I brave the prednisone. I drink the juice. I nap. I let my mother sleep.

I blog.
I rest.
I shower.
I rest.
I cut my hair.
I rest.

Linda and Peter came over with Chinese food for lunch..How sweet. We sit outside on the deck. It's lovely. The sun is shining. They're about to go out for a kayak ride in the bay.

Ali and Kenny take my trash to the dump. She is awesome. My mom is running about filling her time. cleaning, doing laundry and trying to make heads or tails of my basement. I only moved into this house in April. So surgery, and doctors and cancer and doctors and now chemo have impeded on my arranging and organizing of the basement. The house is completed. Painted, every drawer, every cabinet, every room exactly how I want it. The basement. A total shit hole. It reminds me of Monica's closet on Friends.
My mother is obsessed. I've begged for her to ignore it. She can't.. she won't. she just does exactly what I ask her not to do ..she's cleaning the basement and going through my crap.
Finally mom sits and eats with us for a bit.
Everyone is gone.

I'm tired.
I need to sit quietly.
I'm blogging.
I'm facebooking.
I'm woozy.

I'm back in bed. I can barely talk on the phone but I love hearing my friends voices. xoxo

1 comments:

Kim said...

Prune juice is totally overrated!! I love the stuff ... Throw in some Metamucil and you're the most happening babe in town!!

.