8.12.2009

i am not alone..

Tonight for the first time in a week.. I'm alone.
but for the first time in as long as I can remember.. I'm not liking it.

My birth sign. The sign of the Lone Wolf.

I dig being by myself, always have. But lately not so much. My mom was supposed to leave last night, but I didn't want her to. She stayed over again.. and I got my first good nights sleep in days.
This morning I woke up feeling ok, but was more than woozy, I felt really tired and I haven't felt 'normal' all day.

The plan was to take it a bit easier, but it was another busy day. I went to work until 12:30 then my sister Sharon, cousins Nancy, Scott and Charlie came to visit. The cousins are here from LA visiting NY. It was great they came out to visit me for a bit. We had a delicious lunch at Alison's enjoying her beautiful tree swaying backyard complete with naps in the hammock and lunch on her deck.
My 15 year old cousin Charlie has grown to be a handsome, witty, smart and comfortable in his own skin... great guy... and ties his shoes with ipod headphones.

We had our lovely lunch and they headed back to fire island and I went back to work.

Around 5pm my good n' pregnant friend Emily picked me up from the office and headed to my house. Where we promptly plopped our strange feeling bodies on my bed. Turned on the tv ..and gabbed about the past few days. Usually Em and I hit a restaurant or go for a walk.. on a Wednesday night. Today with her belly 6 months a long and me ..well feeling all wiggly inside and woozy. It was my bed.
As the prednisone hunger started to rear it's ugly head again.. Christine called and said she was bringing over pizza. Around 7pm Christine was over with slices for all.. she took off her shoes and we all sat on my bed and ate.

I was on my final bite of the second slice when Linda called to tell me she picked up groceries for me at Trader Joe's (you out of towners... the closest TJ's is 45mins. away. it sucks). Linda & Peter came in with bags in hand...filled with some of my favorite stuff.

We all gabbed for a bit.. and then everyone was on there way.
It's 10pm and I'm home alone for the first time in a week.
I am alone but not lonely.
I am a very lucky girl. Thank you!

3 comments:

Kim said...

You are a writer at heart... I envy your articulation of detail. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I love reading your blog. It's so wonderful to know that you have great, loving friends all around you. You are an amazing writer as well. I can totally see a book come out of this. A story with so much love and a happy ending which will give others hope. I love you and am thinking about you always.xo Erika

Anonymous said...

Jen, You move and inspire....love the blog and of course the picture of CB's shoes. He's quite a guy! While it is impossible to erase the moments of lonliness and fear, please remember how loved and adored you are. Sending you hugs my sweet Cuz!
xo Nan

.