8.12.2009

Hilary........

Hometown: Massachusetts/Nantucket
Current City: LA
Birth Sign: Sagittarius
Attitude: Awesome
Friend: For Life

Hilary was in Mass. visiting family and took the 1 1/2 hour car ride to the 1 1/2 hour ferry ride (each way) to come visit me yesterday.
12:30 arrival.. 6pm departure.

It was the funnest, bestest, nicest day of sunshine, smiling and eating a girl can have. We met up with Jenni and Mike from LLK and their fabulous culinary professor Richard and a friend Sarah. All foodies. All awesome.

We started at Barabara Smithens vineyard Sherwood House.. It's an outdoor tasting room nestled among the vineyards. The tasting 'room' is a converted shed with air conditioning. Big enough for 3 people to buy a case 1 at a time. The bathroom... a fancy out-house. Vintage trucks..picnic tables and comfy rattan couches under tents just couldn't be a more perfect setting.
Wine. Delicious..as usual. I didn't have any..but everyone looked real happy.
again..the company.. Awesome.

Next we went to Love Lane Kitchen for lunch.. the original plan previously included Martha ..but we won't go there again. I had the perfect Lobster Roll. Others.. fish tacos, avocado,mango and chicken salad, cuban sandwich. Shared an amazing selection of deserts. We ate. We all chatted. Yvonne came and joined us. My mom joined us. Even Judy stopped by for a minute. A great long lunch.
Much to my joy.. today is the last of the 5 days of prednisone I finally understand the prednisone hunger ..I could have eaten everything this afternoon. I can't even do cancer right and lose weight. I'm gonna get even fatter. Go fig.

Then we stopped off at my house.. I explained the changes I've made, the painting, scraping, wallpapering and answered Hilary's questions. She's in the process of looking to buy a house in L.A. so I did have to answer her a few times. "Yes, Hil I have the whole house" "Yup, I get to use the WHOLE back yard" "Yup, that's my rent" "Yeah...it's like a real house". She even inspected the basement. To my mothers glee it was tidy. Hil loves the house. How could you not it's a whole house.

We quickly ran up to meet the gang at another vineyard. Macari Scooted in. Hil bought some bottles..and then I drove her back to the ferry.Hugging her good bye and taking pictures at the dock..I didn't want to let her go.

Hilary..Awesome!
More girls from LA need to come to the NoFo ...wink wink nudge nudge!

0 comments:

.