11.09.2009

sweats, shakes and shivers

I had a great weekend. I felt good, I had no plans and I had the desire to do what I love...be alone and putter around the house.
The shakes, sweats and shivers were getting farther a part. I'd do a task then rest.

Hang some pictures.
Sit and watch Food Network.

Rearrange the living room furniture.
Watch 30 Rock.

Clean a toilet.
Check my email.

Bring in the plants .. herbs are nestled in fresh pots on the kitchen counter.
Lay down with the laptop.

Almost none of my outlets have covers on them. Before painting each room, I took them off and threw them away. The outlets and switches have been bare and exposed ever since. I've gotten used to hearing.. "you should really cover those, it's dangerous". Well, you may all rest easier.. most of them are now covered.
Facebook.

For two days... this to me is heaven. Do something. Sit and do almost nothing. Repeat.

Sweep the deck.
Sit on the couch, watch SNL.

Go for a walk with Linda Pasca (the first time I'd left the house in 10 days).
Watch Donut Paradise.

Today is Monday, this morning I woke up from 6 hours of sleep. I was up at 5a.. but it was the best sleep I'd had in weeks. Finally a cup of coffee, a shower and time in my studio.

First time in the studio in a month... I'm very behind and testing the patience of clients and customers. It felt good to get work done and be in my space for 2 hours.

I was at LLK by 8:45a and then work by 9:30a. I was feeling ok, and thought sitting at my desk would be fine. I was completely shocked when at 1p my body started shaking and shivering.  I thought the bad stuff had ended. I was feeling good all weekend. I'd do something sit down.. and be able to get up again.

Sitting at my desk working on the computer and talking to Angela and Judy seemed mellow enough, but my body had enough. I couldn't concentrate or focus on anything and it really is pissing me off.

I was home, in bed with 1/2 a xanax by 4pm. It's now 7:45p and I feel exhausted. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. ...
-Michael Corleone





1 comments:

Kim said...

This will pass. I know, because you are stronger than it is. You have a will of titanium, and this pissy little disease just thinks it's in charge. To hell with that! I love you. Kim

.