8.16.2009

sunday sail and feeling fine.

This weekend I was mentally prepared for disappointment. I had been told that by about 10 days I would feel anything from severe fatigue to high fevers and the potential of hospitalization.

Saturday, I felt fatigue. I wouldn't go so far as severe..but it was like nothing I'd experienced before. The day was spent on the couch. Canceled my plans to hang out on the water and see my friends band who was playing on a barge in the cove.. boats were rafted up to enjoy the music. Sounds like a good time I know.. but I stayed on the couch.

At some point in the afternoon I made my self some lunch and my neighbors came over for a bit, but really... I was on the couch the entire day. Hours.. just laying there... feeling like my body had been filled with lead. And to freak me out just a bit.. my heart seemed to be over beating.
If I did anything ..walk down the stairs, go to the bathroom or sit up, my heart seems to not be able to catch up with itself. I was in bed and a sleep by 8pm.

Sunday, I had plans to sail. Haven't been out on the water in weeks and the sun was shining. The boat is gorgeous and my friends are fun.
First thing in the morning I assessed my heart. Got up, showered, felt fine. I mean like the opposite of Saturday...fine. I gathered my stuff for the sail. I felt fine. Made some oatmeal and my friend Joanna came over for breakfast. We had a lovely chat (wish I saw her more) and I still felt fine.

Kim picked me up at 10:45a and we were on our way to the boat. I'm still feeling fine.

There was hardly any wind as we made our way to Old Field, it took about two hours..but it was beautiful. We set anchor and jumped into the warm water. After a swim, we all made our way to shore. Kim and I on a dingy Ben and Joe pulling us as they swam. They're sweet.

We walked up the beach and through the vineyards to the Old Field "tasting room" which is a converted barn with old chicken coops. We got a bottle and some cheese and sat under a tree at a picnic table. The vineyard has a duck, a goose, a dog and about 45 chickens running about. By 5p we were on our way back to the boat. Ben, Joe, Anna and Perry swam..Kim and I in the dinghy.


The sail back to the dock was perfect and full of wind. It was a fabulous Sunday.

Today, I felt fine.

The only bad part ..I forgot to call Kris and wish her a happy birthday. Love you darlin'!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I feel fine" are the three most beautiful words you can say; they are the best words that those of us who love you can hear or read...
happiness is knowing you feel fine. xoxoxo

Kim said...

Isn't it amazing how much "feeling fine" on a "fine day" can be ... if we are sick, if we are well, we need to remember to appreciate such things. Thank you for reminding me.

Kim said...

Does that first sentence I just wrote there make sense? I think I meant: "Isn't it amazing how fine "feeling fine" on a "fine day" can be ... I should be ashamed to call myself a writer.

.