11.26.2009

like a splinter

the chemo is suppusodedly working. I know this becaue I was told by my highly acclaimed Oncologist. I know this because he said the pain that I had in my ribs a few weeks a go was the chemo working to eat away at the cancer. The pain is my bones deteriorating to then be regenerated.

Today, my back hurts. Not like a normal hurt when you have a bad bed. That's a pain I've been feeling for months. This is the same pain I had in my ribs. Various spots along my spine, shoulders and lower back are like hot spots of pain. It hurts.
My first thought is to rub it out like a normal back pain.. but the thought of rubbing it makes me think that somehow in my kookyness ... I will rub the cancer around and it will find someplace else to hurt me.

So to me it's like a splinter, it's annoying. You want to take it out.. but it hurts more after you fuss with it and finally get that little piece of wood out of your skin.




0 comments:

.