10.04.2009

choc full o' nuts

Great stuff has been happening in between feeling like crap...  fatigue has impaired my ability to muster up sentences and blog. So here's a brief recap.

September 26, A gaseously good time with Climie.  Deborah Climie that is, she came to visit for the weekend. I felt like crap and she was exhausted from work. We hung out on my couch, with our laptops, watched stupid tv and napped.  On Sunday we ventured out for a fantastic lunch at North Fork Table & Inn... but I ruined the meal by spending a lot time in the bathroom and well I've shared quite a bit on this here blog.. so I'm just going to say it ...I was gassy. I was in pain and I needed to fart. I was so gassy and my stomach hurt so bad, I couldn't eat either of the two desserts at the table. I couldn't eat dessert.. that's how much pain I was in...all because of a fart.  We left the restaurant in a bit of a panic, with Deborah almost carrying me to the car. I thought maybe I was having a heart attack. Finally I passed wind, it was my farewell as Deborah got out of the car to get onto the jitney. As a true friend she said congratulations and didn't make me feel embarrassed for the stink.

September 28, Kris Cardosi flew in from California. She only visited for a couple of days (not nearly enough) and already I miss her. One of my oldest and dearest friends, the girl knows me well.We have a history like sisters.  Sweetly, Kris subtly tried to convince me to watch my diet and brought me tons of Ayurvedic herbs to help heal my decaying body. We talked for 3 days and drove around the North Fork. In the evening we sat on my bed ate dinner and watched multiple episodes of Mad Men. During her short stay, I had a work crisis,we had no hot water-the water heater blew, the bathroom faucet wouldn't turn off and my car battery died. None of it interrupted our endless talks.. and I wish she lived around the corner.

Oct. 2 I'm tired. Real tired. Crampy miserable fatigue tired.

October 3, Lew Family Reunion in Litchfield, CT. I love being a passenger in a car. There's just nothing nicer than going for a drive and looking out the window. Fall leaves changing ..ferry ride and my dog by my side. I love Litchfield and it was great to spend time with my cousins and hangout with everyone.I had booked a hotel room, but it was nasty. So I stayed at my cousins and shared a room with the adorable and brilliant Claire Carroll. She is 4 and will do great things. This I am sure!

The week ahead.
October 5, CT and PET Scans at Sloan
October 7, Oncologist and Results.. Oy!
October 8, LLS light the night walk
October 10, Chemo
October 11 - 15 prednisone hell
October 14, Emma Block Live at the Bitter End
October 15 - 29 ugh. work. sleep. repeat.







0 comments:

.